Saturday, August 8, 2009

Work Out

I finally went to work out yesterday. It was the first time in a loooooong time. I won't tell you exactly how long; I do have some pride. Anyways, I found an elliptical machine that didn't look too devilish and proceeded to watch tv and run/walk for about an hour and 40 minutes. Yep, I did exercise for that length of time. Am I crazy? Am I struggling to lose weight? Am I frantic to fit into my favorite pants?

No. I am tv deprived. I admit, I stayed on that machine for so long because I was watching channels that I don't get at home. Sick, isn't it. Bordering on slightly obsessive. I just kept telling myself that I would quit at the next commercial. Didn't happen. I even noted that "Closer" would be on TNT at 8:00 on Monday, so I decided to get to the gym at 7:30.

As I wobbled (literally) down the stairs with the rail in a death grip, I realized I was exercising for all the wrong reasons. But burning almost 700 calories didn't hurt anything. I came home and ate two chocolate chip cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment