Friday, July 31, 2009

Nikon, Sweet Nikon


I purchased a Nikon D60 SLR just a few weeks ago, and I love it. I would take it everywhere with me if I thought I could get away with it. I'm so not very good at taking pictures with it yet, but I know that practice makes perfect. I have taken tons of pictures in the last few days, and it has been so much fun. I even like formatting them on my computer. My books are growing dusty, and I can hear murmuring from their pages. "Where did she go? I miss her. Will she ever pick us up again?" Fear not, book babies, I do love you. Mama will return soon. She's taking a break from print and paper for a little while, but she can't stay gone long. Maybe I will take pictures of my books and then we will all be happy. Hmmm... I will have to think on that some more. Now, a few of my favorite shots.
My friend Bonnie, lover of ice cream, wanted me to take pictures of her dog, Cotton. I also took pictures of her flowers, and her sister's dog, Mylie.

The angel food cake and beautiful aunt/niece combo are from my Thursday night family fest. Good times, good times. I also got to visit their neighbors who are flipping the house next door. I thought these pictures on their wall were so cool. This picture doesn't do it justice.

I can tell that I'm going to have a long and glorious relationship with my Nikon. Just reading the manual gives me chills.

1 comment:

  1. yea!! congrats on the camera dude! :) mine is the old D50. so much fun though.

    ReplyDelete