Saturday, July 18, 2009

Vistin'

I went to Copperas Cove to visit my friends that I haven't seen in about three years this week. It was great. We got a chance to catch up on all that has been happening in our lives. We went out to eat, shopping, and to see the new Harry Potter movie. I knew that I missed them before I went to visit, but I was shocked to realize that when I got there, it felt as if I had never been gone. That's never happened to me before. I have three friends in my life that I could say that we could go a very long time without speaking and just pick up where we left off. I didn't think that would happen about an exact location. I love my friends there, and I loved my job.

I guess visits are funny that way. No time spent in any one place is totally perfect. There were lots of things that I didn't like about Cove, but my friends there made it such an enjoyable place. I miss it more now than I did when I left three years ago. I am still surprised by the strangeness of it all. I love living in Lubbock, but I know I will always have a home in Copperas Cove.

No comments:

Post a Comment