Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Nap or Coma?

I have a major project due Sunday. MAJOR!!! I worked on it yesterday, the day before, and the day before that. So today, I planned to work just a little and go to the public library and look at some books related to the project. Weeellll, that didn't quite happen. I ate breakfast, read a little, cleaned up, read some more, and then laid down to read some more.

Are you seeing a pattern here? See previous post on bookaholism, which is now in the DSMV-II. Look it up. Seriously.

Sometime during the reading some more, I drifted off and proceeded to take a nap or fall into a coma. At this point, I'm willing to call it a nap. But that's only because I have never been in a coma, so it might be difficult to tell the difference. I will say this, it felt like a coma. I would wake up a little but couldn't move enough to really wake up. Much more than 30 minutes later, I struggled to wake up and be productive. This is as far as I've gotten. I need groceries, the laundry is piled up, and the dishes are calling out "clean me, clean me!" Alas, the nap/coma has slightly paralyzed my arms and legs. Sorry house, project, and laundry, you will have to wait just a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment