Monday, August 30, 2010

To Dairy or Not Dairy?

Ah, dairy. Sweet, sweet dairy. How I miss you. Due to some medication issues, I have been unable to fully enjoy dairy in a while. A LONG while. So long, I think I've forgotten what milk tastes like. Ok, so maybe that's a stretch, but I haven't had a glass of cool, refreshing milk in for-ev-er.

Now, I've had to add cheese and butter to the list of "things not compatible with Laura's digestion." That list haunts me. I never realized how much I would miss not eating certain foods. I just can't handle the extreme discomfort that dairy brings. Yes, I said 'extreme.' It's not pretty, not at all.

I have to admit I'm a bit worried about the time when I can have dairy again. All I can say is, if you notice a milk, ice cream, sour cream, yogurt, butter, cheese, cheese, cheese shortage...

forget you read this!

2 comments:

  1. I'm picturing French Kiss as Meg Ryan rocks on the train. "Stop the rocking!" "It's a train! I can't stop the rocking... Look at that cow..."

    "No! Not that cow.. I just ATE THAT COW!!"

    Ah yes... I can only imagine (as I eat my cheese). :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie! I was just thinking, "LACTOSE INTOLERANCE!"

    ReplyDelete